Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Watch the Skies, by James Patterson

The book, Daniel X:  Watch The Skies, by James Patterson, begins with our hero killing his first "challenging" alien, Urgent Seth number six on the List. Daniel decides to go after number five in Tokyo, Japan. His files are a mystery and he has no record of crime. He actually encounters him in his flight there. Turns out, he controls all media related tools, like television and the Internet. Here's the catch, if number five gets a hold of any technology, it belongs to him and Daniel's suspicions grew as many new inventions and technologies are being stolen. After all, its the best place to steal technology. What will become of Daniel? Will he defeat number five? Or will the corruption of the "New Age" infect Daniel?

My thoughts on this book are really good. I found just like the first book with its humor and action pick-ups. It also has that same ironic twist at the end like the first. I think this book is great, and I recommend all to begin this series and read it all the way through! This book really made me reflect on media today. Are they really corrupting us with broadcasts? Furthermore, I really enjoyed every page of this book and I hope to get the next book in very soon. By the looks of the cover, it sure does look very interesting.

Reviewed by David, grade 9.
Central Library

No comments: