Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Demons and Druids, by James Patterson

In the book, Daniel X: Demons and Druids, by James Patterson, Daniel destroys Number five with much confusion and discomfort. He travels to England to hunt number three on the list, Phosphorus Beta. This alien was from a distant planet and rarest among his species. He was referred to as the "Demon of Fire" in historic tomes. But how would they know of him? After a few encounters with him, Daniel realized he was looking for something. It was clear Beta wanted to do something with Stonehenge, the famous and mysterious circle of huge stones. During a brief battle with the beast, Beta escaped into a fiery portal, but, as expected, Daniel followed. When he regained consciousnesses, he observed his surroundings. It was then where he met his ancestor, Merlin, guardian of the future King Arthur...

This book was very good! It didn't let me stop reading! The historic value of this novel bypassed the others and left me shocked at the ending and final battle. Unlike the others, the twist was not ironic, but more like confusing and mysterious. I really liked everything about this book, how the story connects all the books and how The Prayer, number one, ties into the whole thing. I believe this book would be for all who love the series, I honestly believe this book would be the peak of all them(I assume). This book also made me think of the significance of famous landmarks we have today, like the Egyptian Pyramids. Why are they there? Overall, this book was amazing I really got this in fast in my opinion. Good luck to all readers for this book will amaze you and confuse you if you don't know the right stuff.

Reviewed by David, grade 9.
Central Library

No comments: