Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Slawter, by Darren Shan

Slawter, by Darren Shan. The third book in the 10 part series of The Demonata is about a boy named Grubbs. Grubbs is the nephew of Dervish who fought along side Kernel Fleck in the second book and he is recovering from a recent battle with Lord Loss. Grubbs' family has a history of being Werewolves and he lost his parents and sister to Lord Loss due to a game the demon master plays in which the reward is a cure for the lycanthropy. Grubbs, Dervish, and Bill-E (Grubbs' brother) travel to a small movie set outside in the country in which a famous horror film producer plans to shoot a movie based on demons. The three travel with her in order to make sure she doesn't accidentally summon a demon. They encounter many twists and turns and end with a near-death battle with a surprising twist of events when it comes to who dies and who lives.

I really enjoy reading this series and this book which is the third in the 10 part series keeps me entertained and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. This novel is making reading fun again for me and no book has done that other then the Harry Potter series and yet again Darren Shan did a great job of making me feel like a character in his book. As Grubbs was battling Gregor and had his arm severed I actually felt a tingling in my arm and got goosebumps. I am yet again flabbergasted as to how Darren comes up with these endings and how I could not see it coming, I am hoping he will do the same in the fourth book of the series.

Reviewed by dp, grade 9.
Pacific Park Branch

No comments: