Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Velocity, by Dean Koontz

In Velocity by Dean Koontz, Billy Wiles is your ordinary person. He works in a bar, and he writes short stories. Nothing extraordinary happened in his life. One day after work, he receives a note on his car saying, “If you don’t take this note to the police and get them involved, I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher. If you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman active in charity work. You have four hours to decide. The choice is yours.” Billy thinks it’s a joke so he doesn’t care, however he still keeps the note. The next day he sees in the news that a blonde schoolteacher had been murdered. Suddenly, Billy starts getting more of these notes. Billy is trapped in a psychopath’s game, which can lead to the death of his close friends, or himself.

Velocity was probably one of the best suspense books I read this year so far. I never put this book down; I just had to know what would happen next. I even read it six times I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense and horror.

Reviewed by R.R., grade 9. Montrose Library

No comments: