Thursday, February 28, 2013

Forget Me Not, by Coleen Murtagh Paratore

"Forget Me Not" by Coleen Murtagh Paratore is the fourth in the series "The Wedding Planner's Daughter." Teenaged Willa Havisham's summer is going to be filled with lots of beach, best friends, books, and her boyfriend, Joey Kennelly. Her mother Stella is even letting Willa plan a wedding all by herself! However, the summer takes a turn for the worst when part of the beach gets closed off and causes upset in town, Willa's best friend starts hanging out with someone else, she gets into a fight with Joey, and the bride of Willa's wedding turns out to be a bridezilla!

I read this book as summer reading because it was relatively short and fun. Afterwards, however, I thought this book was only okay. It didn't really have a developed plot, or any conflicts. There were a bunch of little skirmishes that the main character, Willa, had to get over, but really, there wasn't a main conflict. It was more of a diary of an average teen, which I guess was the point; but I think there should've been a main conflict. There wasn't much suspense either. I was a fan of the other books, but this one let me down. The summary on the back of the book was misleading. It made the book sound a lot better than it really was.
Overall, the book had no conflict and little plot, but the way the author told the rest of the story was really detailed. The story was told in first-person, so the way Willa saw the world was the way that I saw it when I read it. The entire story seemed anticlimatic, and I would only suggest this book if one is looking for light reading.


Reviewed by Gabby Y., grade 10
Montrose Library

No comments: