Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas


A Court of Mist and Fury picks up from the first book in the series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, following the events that led to Feyre becoming a Fae. She becomes engaged to Tamlin, but as time goes on and Tamlin gradually restricts/imprisons her, she gets overwhelmed and unhappy in the relationship. So, Feyre calls for help, and Rhysand answers. She learns many things when with him, but her visits are brief, and she returns to the Spring Court. Until she doesn’t. Eventually, she learns that a war is brewing, and not everything is as it seems.

To this day, A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas is my absolute favorite. Words cannot explain how much I loved it and everyone in it (there ARE some exceptions ;)). This book made me pull half all-nighters because of how addicting and intriguing it is. I was in shock when I realized I changed from shipping Feyre and Tamlin to Feyre and Rhysand– not saying I didn’t subconsciously expect it at some point, but it was definitely done in a beautiful and smooth manner. This series got me into annotating and marking my favorite pages and this specific book will always hold a special place in my heart. What I would DO to read this book again for the first time!!! 55555/5 (yes I meant to write that many 5’s).

Reviewed by Anon, Grade 11

Montrose Library

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Feyre, the main character, is in the Spring Court and preparing to marry Tamlin. She is overwhelmed but convinces herself that she is truly happy. Things take a turn for the worse when Rhysand, high lord of the Night Court, shows up at the wedding to whist Feyre away. This novel explores the Night Court as well as all of its residents. The Inner Circle, including Mor, Amren, Cassian, and Azriel, help Feyre adjust to her new home. The book is filled with passion and romance as Feyre discovers that love is more than possessiveness and being controlled.

I absolutely loved this book. In my opinion, it is not at all overrated. This series helped me out of a two-year reading slump. A Court of Mist and Fury is, by far, the best book in the series. I am an extremely hard rater when it comes to books. However, this novel exceeded all of my expectations. This is the perfect book for lovers of fantasy and romance. At first, I was a bit skeptical of the length of the books. As I was reading, however, I felt as though I was transported into Prythian itself. It did not feel like I was reading and I finished it in two days. I believe that this series is a must-read. Overall, I give this novel an 11/10 because it was that good.

Reviewed by Emma, Grade 11
Glendale Central Library