Monday, June 24, 2013

Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke

In Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke, Firedrake, a brave young dragon, a lonely boy named Ben, and their furry brownie friend, Sorrel, are in search of the mythical place where dragons can live in peace forever because the greedy humans are taking over their lands by cutting down trees and building homes. Together they embark on a journey that takes them to magical lands where they meet marvelous creatures - and one ruthless villain named Nettlebrand with a minion named twigleg the size of a twig. Along the way, they will discover allies in odd places, courage they didn't know they had, and a hidden destiny that changes everything.

Although this book is a bit of a children's book, it's one of my favorites and I like it because it is adventurous and about dragons. I think others who like reading about mythical creatures going on adventures would enjoy this book. It made me feel worried for the protagonist at times when they were caught in traps and made me hope they would get out of it alive to achieve their goal and save their city of dragons. I would recommend this book to as I said before anyone who likes reading about mythical creatures and dangerous experiences who doesn't mind reading words in larger fonts than others.

Reviewed by Nyree, Grade 12
Montrose Branch

No comments: