Thursday, January 3, 2013

When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, by Kimberly Willis Holt

The book When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, by Kimberly Willis Holt, takes place in a small town where nothing exciting ever happens, until now, when the fattest boy in the world, Zachary Beaver, arrives. He sits in his trailer all day while people pay to look at him. Toby, the main character, somewhat becomes Zachary's friend. Both Zachary and Toby have some life changing experiences that summer, and when Zachary's visit is over and he has to leave, the whole town, especially Toby, has forever been changed. He helped them see everything in a different way, from a different perspective.

I did not really like this book that much. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really, it was kind of boring. I was really disappointed because when I found out what it was about, I was expecting it to be funny and interesting. It didn't have any suspenseful moments and I didn't really get into it. I didn't really want to keep reading, but I finished it in hopes of it becoming more interesting or having a twist at the end; but sadly there wasn't. I really did not enjoy this book at all and I just wish there was more to it.

Reviewed by Melody N., grade 9.
Central Library

No comments: