Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Brothers in Arms, by Paul Langan

In Brothers in Arms  by Paul Langan , Martin Luna is a high school student who got in trouble. His little brother got shot by a bullet which wasn't planned for him. Martin was full of revenge. His mom did everything to her son in the right path, but the choice was Martin's. He can either be a good son and brother or pull the trigger and take his revenge.

So far this is the most interesting book I have ever read. This kept my interest from the beginning to the very end. I felt I was a witness in the story, like I was inside it. This book didn't bore me or make me feel like I was wasting my time. Eventually, I am very confident to recommend this book to everyone.

Alis B, grade 10

1 comment:

Teen Speak said...

The story Brothers in Arms is about a boy named Martin Luna, who always thinks of his brother as an annoying little rascal. One regular day Martin's little brother goes where he is hanging out with his friends and then Martin tells his little brother to go back home. When Martin's little brother is heading back home on his squeaky bike, he comes rushing back to Martin saying, "watch out, someone's coming for you". Martin tells him to go back home, and while running towards him a car comes by and Martin hears gunshots. He rushes over and jumps to his brother covering his body with his. When the gunshots are over the care leaves and he gets up, but his brother isn't moving. Martin looks down and see's blood coming from his brother's head, his brother is dead. Martin now has to deal with the loss of his brother.

In my opinion this book was great, I liked it a lot because it was an emotional story sometimes. I highly recommend this book. I think this book was amazing because it is action packed but with sadness. I liked that this book had sort or feelings because of the character Martin Luna and that it was part of the blue ford series. witch is a series i like a lot. so my overall opinion is this is a very good book and i recommend it to people who don't really like to read because it will make them like to read

Reviewed by Initials, Grade 8
Library Connection @ Adams Square