Monday, February 20, 2023

The Wicked King, by Holly Black



This is the sequel to the first book The Cruel Prince. After finding out that Oak is the heir, Jude has to keep him safe. This causes her to have to bound herself to Cardan in order to control him. Cardan is constantly trying to humiliate Jude even though he continues to be fascinated with her and her determination. Jude unexpectedly gets betrayed by someone in her life and she has to discover who the traitor is.

I did not enjoy The Wicked King, by Holly Black as much as I enjoyed the first one. It was boring and there was not much happening in the book. The characters were not interesting to read about and it was very slow to read. What I liked was the character development of Cardan. There was still no romance in this book which made it uninteresting for me to read because my favorite genre of books is romance. I would recommend this book to young readers because I think that they would enjoy it. It was a good book to read if readers don't want to read a book that is about romance and is fantasy.

Reviewed by PM, Grade 12

Glendale Central Library 

No comments: