Friday, February 24, 2023

To Kill a Kingdom, by Alexandra Christo


Princess Lira is the most destructive siren who collects one heart of a prince on every birthday, having a collection of seventeen. After being forced to kill another siren, she is transformed into a human by her mother the Sea Queen. Lira has to bring the Sea Queen Prince Elian's heart to the Sea Queen or else she will stay a human forever. Prince Elian lives on the ocean, exploring it on a ship with his crew. He rescues Lira from drowning in the ocean, not knowing she's a siren and her real intentions. Lira tells Elian that she will help him find a key that will destroy all sirens in order to trick him into trusting her.

I enjoyed To Kill a Kingdom, by Alexandra Christo, because in a way it reminded me of The Little Mermaid. I also liked that it was about pirates and sirens because I love books with those characters. I did not like that there was almost no romance in the book because I do love romance books. However, that wasn't a major thing because the plot was really good and interesting. I would recommend this book to young adults who like fantasy books and also don't want to read a book that is heavily based on romance. This book did not at all make me feel bored or want to stop reading it. It was interesting from the beginning all the way to the end.

Reviewed by PM, Grade 12

Glendale Central Library 

No comments: