Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tokyo Ghoul Volume 2, by Isui Ishida

 

Volume 2 of Tokyo Ghoul engages us in the world of the Ghoul. We saw Ken Kaneki's transition into the first half-human, half-ghoul in the previous book. Therefore he should figure how to live in both worlds and survive. His first move will be to get a job at the Ghouls' coffee shop. He meets other Ghouls and learns more about his new form through his profession. He also learns that he isn't the only Ghoul who is unable to hunt. Others visit the shop to obtain food packages or a separate room in which to enjoy their meals.

In fact, I suppose I'll have to read this series while I'm at home just to avoid getting lost on public transportation. Since reading Death Note, I haven't read a manga that has kept me so engrossed. The story is entertaining and well-written, by Isui Ishida. I haven't found any plot holes, and I don't feel the need to go back and forth to figure out what's going on. The pictures are simple and straightforward, with just the proper amount of information.

Reviewed by Natali <3, Grade 10

 

No comments: