Thursday, May 5, 2022

My Hero Academia, Vol. 27: One's Justice, by Kohei Horikoshi


Pro Heroes Endeavor, Miriko, EraserHead, and more decide that it’s time to raid the hospital and capture Kyudai Garaki, also known as “doctor”. Their goal here is to find out what he’s hiding, and eventually capture him. They attempt to capture him, but he manages to slip away after being exposed to only be the double of the real Kyudai Garaki. As they look for the real Kyudai they are faced with something unexpected, and most importantly, dangerous.

Meanwhile, as the other Pro Heroes are continuing their fight at the hospital, UA’s hero course is waiting for the rest of the Pro Heroes to finish their fight with the Liberation Army. The Pros take some heroes from class 1-A as well, such as Kaminari and Fumikage. The battle is intense, but the heroes have the upper hand. While the heroes on the battlefield are giving it their all, another hero is waiting in the shadows, for their time to strike. Dreams, friendships and lives are ended as you even start to question who the hero even is in this situation.

I really like the My Hero Academia series. Though I'm not too up to date on it because of school, I still do love and cherish it. My Hero Academia, Vol. 27: One's Justice, by Kohei Horikoshi made me cry near the end because of what happened to one of the characters, as I mentioned in the review about "lives ending". The art in this volume is stunning and I love how much we learn about the Nomu and how intelligent they can really get. Personally, if I'm being honest, this book might not be enjoyed by everybody, not just because it's a part of a series and reading one volume may not make any sense. I say this because the themes it covers, world, and story might be seen as odd or somewhat childish to some readers because it's mostly about heroes. I still do recommend reading it though, the art is fantastic and I really like the world building in this manga series. It was really fun to read and still manages to make me smile now.

Reviewed by Apri, Grade 9
Glendale Central Library



No comments: