Thursday, May 5, 2022

My Hero Academia, Vol. 21: Why He Gets Back Up, by Kohei Horikoshi


We cut back to the fight with Endeavor giving it his all against this particularly intelligent nomu. The battle is very intense, and it doesn't seem like Endeavor will be able to win. But, in that moment, he remembers all the people watching him, putting all the spirit and hope they have in their heart's for his victory. With his newfound strength, he gives it one last try.
But, when he thinks that the battle is finished, he's encountered by someone, someone from the League of Villains.
After the battle, Deku has a dream, a dream about the past processors of One for All. In this dream he learns about his quirk's origins, and All for One. He learns more about the history of quirks, and even about the original wielder of One for All.

Later, the competition begins between class 1-A and class 1-B. They're split into 10 teams, 5 teams for class 1-A, and 5 for class 1-B. Shinso will also be participating, as this is a test to see if he'll be admitted into the hero course next year. But Shinso is not here to play games, he's here to win his spot in the hero course and strives for victory. The first match will prove if he has the fire and strength in his heart to become a hero. 

I absolutely love this series, it makes me so happy. The art for this volume is absolutely stunning, my god the fight scenes are drawn with such passion it's wonderful. I love looking at this volume in general, it's just so appealing to me. I also adore the plot, it was very nice to see how Endeavor managed to do the impossible, and I loved seeing more about One for All. Finally, after 20 volumes we can finally see how it originated and where exactly it came from. My favorite part in the manga My Hero Academia, Vol. 21: Why He Gets Back Up, by Kohei Horikoshi was the battles between class 1-A and 1-B because I love them so much, they're so wholesome! I loved seeing the new strategies they came up with, some of them made me laugh about how ridiculous yet useful they served to be. Overall, not just this volume, but give this entire series a read (or a watch), it's amazing, the art is stunning and so are the character designs. Despite it being years since I first picked this series up, it has an important place in my heart, and I'm sure it'll have one in yours's too.

Reviewed by Arpi, Grade 9

Glendale Central Library

No comments: