Monday, January 27, 2020

Fairy Tail: Volume 5 by Hiro Mashima


According to the previous volume of Fairy Tail, Natsu and his friends went on about the deadly S-Class mission without getting consent from the guild master Erza. Clearly, Natsu and especially Gray almost got killed from doing this and everyone eventually got caught by Erza who went completely raged for them going behind her back. Erza also mentions Ur who is one of the guild members but most people believed she died from getting killed in one of her missions while Gray on the other hand thinks she is still alive. Who is right in this situation? Erza or Gray?

While reading through the beginning of the manga, I thought this is going to be one of those volumes that I was going to dislike very much but when I was reaching close to the end or the middle at least, I felt like I was about to cry my eyes out. This is a very emotional volume to Fairy Tail. It involved quite some passing of some characters. But sometimes, there are also humorous content too such as Lucy and Happy's little catfights once in a while. Something I didn't like much about the book is since the graphics are mainly black and white, some of the content is way too dark or too light for me to notice what is happening with the characters so all I assumed was it's another combat between another guild. Only for this particular volume, I would recommend this to a person who is fifteen or sixteen years of age because the emotional scenes are pretty sensitive. Same thing for the oozing blood with the cause of the violence occurring.

Reviewed by Hannah Rachel, Grade 10
Glendale Central Library

No comments: