Monday, July 29, 2013

No Safety in Numbers, by Dayna Lorentz


In the book, No Safety in Numbers, by Danyna Lorentz, four protagonists, Ryan, Marco, Lexi, and Shay, find themselves trapped in a mall and unable to leave. They do not know what happened, nor the reason why they are not allowed to leave. They soon figure out that a biological bomb has been placed in the mall and that people are getting sick because of it. Supplies are running out, and the number of people in need of medical attention is rising. However, nobody can still go out. More people are panicking, and the adults are behaving worse than the children. These four protagonists, each with his or her own life threatening situation, find out that they need to change.
 
This was a certainly a new book for me. It was a whole new style that I chose quite carelessly in our local bookstore. However, it ended up to be high above my expectations. It was filled with suspense, and since I was always interested in viruses and biological studies, it was a good choice for me. I had always wondered what would happen if I was in a public place with a bomb, and this book answered my questions. Chaos, changes in the behavior of people, and a lot of fear. I think many people who enjoy some suspense will like this book, especially kids my age.


Hannah, grade 7
Montrose-Crescenta Branch


 


No comments: