Monday, July 29, 2013

So B. It, by Sarah Weeks

Heidi lives with her neighbor, Bernadette, and her mentally ill mom. She was living fine, supporting Bernadette and her mom by using her unusual luck at a gambling machine. However, when she started to question herself, such as who she was and when she was born, her mom said a word to her. "Soof." Although she constantly asked her mom for the meaning of her word, she soon realized that she would not get an answer by simply questioning her. When Heidi found a file about her family, she decided to set out on a journey to find out more about her grandparents, father, and just who she is in general.

I found So B. It, by Sarah Weeks is very memorable and easy to read. Although the meaning of this book came to me after reading it a couple more times, I finished the book rather quickly and enjoyed it every single time I read it. This book made me feel thankful about having a complete family, and while I was reading it I would constantly put myself in Heidi's point of view. When I found out the meaning of the title in the end, I was very surprised. I especially liked the ending, and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a nice heart-warming story.

Hannah, grade 7 Montrose-Crescenta Branch

No comments: