Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She's So Dead to Us, by Kieran Scott

When I checked out She's So Dead to Us, by Kieran Scott, I was hoping for some little girl drama. As crazy as it sounds, I needed to read about someone else's drama and forget about mine. That's exactly what I got! I dived into the book after the first sentence. Extremely captivating. The idea was based on reality, possibility, and truth. Ally Ryan lives the "perfect" life with everything included, until one day everything is lost. Her and her friend's father lose millions of dollars in investments and it all goes downhill from there. Her father leaves her and her mother alone, and a couple years later she is forced to the town she grew up in. Her fear of her old friends accepting her once more takes over her mind.
I highly recommend this to teenagers. I would specify what kinds of people this book will relate to because I know that many different people will refer to it in different ways. That's why I loved this book. My friend and I both read it, and I learned different things as to what she learned. The book is amazingly written and emotions are bluntly expressed. This is not just another story about teen drama, this is reality!
.
-Reviewed by A.A., grade 12.

No comments: