Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Sorcerer of the North, by John Flanagan

The Ranger's Apprentice, by John Flanagan, introduces a fifth book in its series. Book five: The Sorcerer of the North. Will is now on his own. He has his own fief to protect in the North. He hears rumors about a sorcerer hiding in the forest. He goes to check it out and what normally would scare any man, doesn't scare will. Will and his friend realize it is an illusion. They go deeper into the forest and realize the "sorcerer" is actually a healer who was chased out of town by the villagers. Will's friend is jailed, and Will has to think of a plan to save her. Will he be able to get to her before anything bad happens?

Book five was very exciting since will is now on his own and has to make decisions carefully. The book was very descriptive, and I now know where Will's new home is. With each book, I learn many things that I can relate to life. From this book, I learned not to let illusions full me. This book, as well as the series, Ranger's Apprentice, will always be one of my favorites, and I recommend this book to anyone.


-Reviewed by Krassi, grade 9.

No comments: