Monday, November 22, 2010

The Burning Bridge, by John Flanagan

The Ranger's Apprentice, by John Flanagan, introduces a second book in its series. Book two: The Burning Bridge. The story continues to follow Will and his friend Horace through adventure. Will and Horace are on a mission to a neighboring town where they realize the citizens have been killed or captured. Will and Horace find out that an evil lord named Morgarath has returned and he is plotting to invade the Kingdom. It is in the hands of Will and Horace to warn the King, but they encounter trouble along the way. The Kingdom is in Danger, and Will and Horace are the only ones who can save them.

Book two satisfies me as I had expected. The book has even more adventure since Will has matured and is nearly a master being a Ranger. This book definitely deserves five starts for its ability to keep me reading. With each book, I learn many things that I can relate to life. From this book, I learned to be more courageous. This book as well as the series, Ranger's Apprentice, will always be one of my favorites, and I recommend this book to anyone.
-Reviewed by Krassi, grade 9.

1 comment:

Teen Speak said...

This book is about Will going to Celtica with Gilan and Horace on a mission, but they see nobody is there because the Wargals attacked. Will and Horace meet a girl who is the king's daughter, but they do not know. Together, they go to burn the bridge to prevent the Skandians and Wargals to cross. Will and Evanlyn got captured buy a small Skandian group and they become hostages. During the battle, Horace challenges Moragarath, the evil sorcerer, to a single combat match.

This book is part of my favorite series, the Ranger's Apprentice series. I really liked this one because the plot was interesting and I was always eager to see what happens. The author, John Flanagan, uses a lot of imagery to help you picture the story in your mind. This book made me think that not everything goes the way you expected.

Reviewed by Robert S., grade 9
Glendale Central Library