Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Icebound Land, by John Flanagan

The Ranger's Apprentice, by John Flanagan, introduces a third book in its series. Book three: The Icebound Land. Will and Evanlyn have been captured and taken to a new land ruled by Barbarians called Skandians. They are big and cruel, and all prisoners taken there work as slaves. Will ends up being drugged and all his senses are getting lost. The story follows both Will's trip to Skandia, and Halt's trip. Halt and Horace race through the kingdom to save Will, Horace shows his skills as many knights challenge the ranger and his companion. Will Halt save Will in time?

Book three has met my expectations. I enjoyed it a lot. The book has a lot of different adventures since it is following two different people through different challenges. This book is setting the scene for the next book which is filled with a lot of adventures, including a huge war. With each book, I learn many things that I relate to life. From this book, I learned that you should help friends and loved ones no matter what. This book as well as the series, Ranger's Apprentice, will always be one of my favorites, and I recommend this book to anyone.
-Reviewed by Krassi, grade 9.

No comments: