Friday, March 31, 2023

Furbyborn, by Claire Legrand

 

Furbyborn, by Claire Legrand, is a young adult fantasy book about two young women that live centuries apart. The book alternates between third person point of view of the lives of the two main characters, Rielle and Eliana. Eliana's point of view takes places 1,020 years after Rielle's point of view. In this book, it starts with Queen Rielle of Celdaria giving birth to her daughter and the healer's son comes and he is hoping that him and his father can leave the city, but his father ends up throwing himself out the window. The healer is asked by Rielle to take her daughter and leave the city. An angel named Corian comes into the room and demands Rielle to give him her daughter. The rest of the chapters alternate between third person point of view of Rielle's and Eliana's lives.

I personally did not enjoy this book. I found the different point of views and the major year gap confusing to understand. I would give this book a one out of five stars and I would not read again because the plot was boring to me. Although I did not enjoy this book, other readers may enjoy it. I would recommend this book to readers that like the young adult fantasy genre

Reviewed by PM, Grade 12

Glendale Central Library

No comments: