Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Fairy Tail: Volume 8 by Hiro Mashima


During the guild battle between Fairy Tail and the Phantom, the scenery itself gets more intense. We would all know by Natsu is a Salamander which is a celestial wizard who has magical fire-breathing power. He also can eat fire as well without feeling sick. His biggest rival, Gajeel, has demolishing powers meaning all he needs is rocks to destruct a certain building or structure. The two guilds have such powers. This is just a continuation of this battle based on the previous volume. If you read, who will win?

This volume wasn't pleasing in my personal opinion. It reminded me of something that has a basic pilot such as My Little Pony since two guilds were fighting for something superior. The only thing I liked about this was when things started to get intense when the author described the Phantom's guild getting destroyed. That just brought suspense. I started to get bored out of it because there isn't anything new happening besides fighting and combating other guilds. It's like as if the story repeats itself but in different types of ways. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, to be honest, but if anyone is a fan of My Little Pony, you should read this. Manga is a reading source I somehow enjoy but not if it's so repetitive. Every volume you read of Fairy Tail, it should state the content should be read by people who are thirteen years of age or older but it just depends on the scenes and imagery in each one.


Reviewed by Hannah Rachel, Grade 10
Glendale Central Library

No comments: