Monday, May 20, 2019

Cress, by Marissa Meyer


Cinder is trying to break out of the New Beijing prison. If she succeeds, she will become the world's most wanted fugitive. Meanwhile in France, Scarlet's grandmother is missing. Cinder manages to escape alongside Carswell Thorne who has a hidden ship in the city. Scarlet meets Wolf, a street fighter who helps her find her grandmother.

I liked the moral of Cress, by Marissa Meyer, which is hard work pays off. My favorite character is probably Scarlet because of her determination and willingness to take enormous risks. I really enjoyed the book because the plot was very fast moving. Sometimes, I would have to re-read parts of the story to put events from the story together. I really liked how the author twisted the fairy tail Little Red Riding Hood and turned the damsels-in-distress to independent women.

Reviewed by Rita, Grade 9
Grandview Library

No comments: