Thursday, September 20, 2018

Messy, by Heather Cocks

Messy, by  Heather Cocks, rewinds back to the characters Brooke Berlin and Molly Dix from the sequel "Spoiled". Few years after Brooke and Molly find out they're both sisters,Brooke gets this new intern for her magazine business. Her name is Maxine but people just call her Max for short. When Brooke hires this new intern,she doesn't easily trust this new girl. Instead,she tries to make sure if she is really some innocent girl trying to get a good paying job or that if she works for her sister Molly who she doesn't really like in which some clues would bring up this mystery.

I liked the story but I think that it was a little bit too long for a teen's novel. I think that this novel should be in the library's shelves for a young adult book. While I was reading this book,I felt like the story was a bit dragging. It kept giving so much detail rather than the main point of view of the story. I also felt that the story wouldn't have some particular ending. The only thing I liked about the book is that there was this spice of romance. It had some interesting parts to the story which makes the book a good thing to read. Maybe if the story came to life such as making a movie out of it,it would probably be more interesting to see and fun to watch. So this is my opinion of the book. I'd give it a three out of a five.

Reviewed by Hannah Rachel, Grade 9
Downtown Central Library

No comments: