Monday, June 4, 2018

I Was Here, by Gayle Forman


girl named Meg Luisa Garcia committed suicide by drinking some bleach and when her best friend and her boyfriend Cody hears the news,they feel very bad of themselves. So they are eager to figure out why would she kill herself. While they find some clues such as the deleted emails in Meg's computer or the depression she had in the past,they meet a rock star named Ben McCallister who was involved into Meg's miserable life. He helps them by explaining the history he had with Meg.

I liked I Was Here, by Gayle Forman. I liked the ending even though it felt really sad that it made my tummy feel like that it had butterflies. I felt crying a little bit while reading the epilogue since it took place at a funeral. I also liked the idea that this story was similar to the story "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher. I didn't really like the idea that this book had to involve bathing and that it had so much bad words. For a teen such as a fourteen-year-old having to read this book with vulgar language isn't really that bad. This is a really good book but then can also be obscene at the same time. Go check out this book! I know you'll like it.(if you like reading these intense stories)

Reviewed by Hannah Rachel, Grade 8
Downtown Central Library

No comments: