Thursday, December 14, 2017

Arc of Scythe Series, Fantasy, Newal Shuterman

Scythe, by Neal Shusterman, starts off with two normal teenagers when a scythe comes knocking on their doors. A scythes job is to control the population since dying is a lot less common. So if someone is chosen by a scythe to be killed, he cannot be revived. This scythe that approached both of them took them on as apprentices. But, only one can be chosen to be a scythe, the other would have to be killed by the winner.

This book was gory, had a lot of action, and was overall amazing! The only thing I did not like was a lack of exciting content, most of it was just kind of boring but it peaks up at the end. I did like the storytelling too. It made me feel like I was the main character.  I think this book will best appeal action enthusiasts mostly because of all it's fight scenes and gore. I would give this book a 9\10 and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed by Anonymous, Grade 7
Grandview Library

No comments: