Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Champion, by Marie Lu

This book was about two teenagers, named Day and June, who live in the future society of the United States called the Republic. In this future society the United States is split into two different countries, the Republic and the Colonies. The Colonies invade the Republic and threaten to release a deadly virus onto the whole country of the Republic. Day and June are sent to do anything they can to stop the colonies, even if it means sacrificing themselves or the ones they love.

Champion, by Marie Lu, was really good but I hated the ending. I didn't like how the book ended at all and it made me mad and sad. I literally cried when I read the ending. In my opinion people who liked the Hunger Games and the Divergent series would seriously love this book. It is one of the best books that I have ever read. This book made me realize how fast a country can change and how different the future can be. We really don't know what could happen in the future and this book helped me realize that.

Reviewed by Emily, Grade 11
Montrose Library

No comments: