Wednesday, December 10, 2014

House of Hades, by Rick Riordan

Percy and Annabeth falls into tartarus and the other demigods are trying their best to reach the other side of the door so they can rescue Percy and Annabeth. Percy and Annabeth faces a lot of challenges, but they work it out together, no matter how much pain they are having. They even made friends in tartarus and have supporters. They struggle and try their best to reach their destination in time to save all the people and they get help from Reyna, the roman leader.

I liked House of Hades, by Rick Riordan, but honestly, it was below my expectations. Because I was so fascinated about the other series of the books, I was overly excited and I was disappointed that the novel ended so quickly, but I enjoyed the book through out. I will recommend this to my friends because this is really fun and includes a lot of actions. Also, they learn how friendships matter to each other. Most importantly, the book is enjoyable for most of the people. I'm looking forward to read the next sequel of this book.
Reviewed by Eura, Grade 9
Montrose Library







1 comment:

Teen Speak said...

2 of the 7 demigods in the Prophecy of Seven, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase have fallen into the depths of Tartarus. They are stuck wandering there and try to look for a way out to go reunite with their friends. Meanwhile, the 5 remaining demigods of the prophecy look for the Doors of Death, to stop Gaea from endlessly spawning more monsters. Along the way they run into conflicts that distract them from the main goal for a while, but those experiences only make them stronger. By the time they arrive at their destination, they’re ready to face what awaits in the Doors of Death.

Even before reading, I am already fascinated by Greek mythology and I really love how it’s used to tell a story in the modern world. I love nearly every part of “The House of Hades”, mainly because of the interesting story line, the relationships among characters, the ways the characters handle a situation by trickery, it’s all so fun to read. I don’t think I really dislike anything about this book, it was very well-written and always kept me wanting more. Anyone who is a fan of Greek mythology or a fan of the Percy Jackson book series would most likely love this book as well.

Reviewed by Anonymous, Grade 9
Grandview Library