Monday, December 16, 2013

The Looking Glass, by Richard Paul Evans

The story speaks about an ex-preacher named Hunter Bell who left the church after losing faith in God and living life gambling when his wife died from giving birth and about a woman named Quaye McGandley who was sold by her parents during the Potato Famine in Irish to America. These two go through harsh conditions in life as they meet together and fix their broken hearts and fall in love.

 The Looking Glass, by Richard Paul Evans, was one of the most captivating book I have ever read. Once you start reading, you can't put it down. There was not a single thing I didn't like about this book. I think many people would like this book if they were investing in a really good book to read. The book made me think that people can beat the odds, like Quaye, who was sold from her homeland to America and abused by her husband and like Hunter who lost faith in everything after his wife's death, but they beat the odds as they fall in love together to fix their broken hearts. Overall this book is possibly my favorite book of all time. I would keep this book in my shelf forever. That's just how good this book was.

Reviewed by A.H., grade 9
Montrose Library 

No comments: