Monday, June 17, 2013

Thwonk, by Joan Bauer

Thwonk, by Joan Bauer, is a fun leisurely read. A.J. McCreary is about to get the visitor of a lifetime, Jonathon, a Cupid. A.J., aspiring photographer, never prospered in the romantic field. She searched for looks and not personality. When Jonathon gives her help in her choice of three categories (academics, arts, and romance ), A.J. decides to have the guy of her dreams fall in love with her. Peter Terris, the guy she's been in love with, needed only one shot from Jonathon's arrows, THWONK! He's in love with her forever. But what did she love about him? His beauty...careful what you wish for..


I needed a light book to read for fun this week and Thwonk was perfect! It's relatable, for girls mainly, and interesting to read. I loved how our similar preferences don't usually bring the best matches! I have never read a book by Joan Bauer before so it was cool to see her writing style. I think it was an overall good book and I'm thinking of checking her other books out! If your looking for a light, relaxed read then I highly recommend you read this! However, I think only preteen-teen girls would enjoy it because it is more relatable.

Reviewed by Kristine K., grade 9
Casa Verdugo Branch



No comments: