Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Secret Circle: The Initiation and the Captive, Part 1, by L.J. Smith

When Cassie, a beautiful and younge sixteen-year-old girl, moves to the small town of New Salem, New England, she finds herself becoming friends with the "in-crowd" at school. But something seems off about this group of friends. Soon she finds that they're a dangerous coven of witches...and she's one of them! From the start, Diana, the leader of the coven, befirends Cassie and soon they are fast friends, While Cassie is making friends, she also gains an enemy along the way: Faye. She soon learns that Faye has a goal to become the new leader of the coven! While gaining control of her powers anf alling in love isn't complicated enough, the wicked Faye wants to use her powers for evil! Now Cassie and the rest of the clan have to stop Faye before she destroys everything!

The Secret Circle by L. J. Smith, is an amazing and exciting book that will make you never want to stop reading it! THis novel is beautifully written sometimes I feel as though I'm in the book and that I really know all of the characters. I'd recommend this book to the teens out there that are interesting in action-adventure and fantasy. This book is one of my favorite books of all time! I hope you love this book as much as I did!

Reviewed by D.M., grade 9.
Montrose Library

No comments: