Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Life in Pink and Green, by Lisa Greenwald

My Life in Pink and Green, by Lisa Greenwald, is a cute book about a very talented seventh grader. Lucy Desberg can work magic with makeup, despite her young age of twelve. When the local homecoming queen shows up at her family pharmacy with a hair catastrophe and Lucy helps her, it doesn't take long for the news to spread. Out of nowhere she has a long list of appointments for every event. But that won't exactly help her family's struggling pharmacy, Lucy looks for ways to help and stumbles on a way to help the environment too. But when does anyone listen to a little seventh grader?

I was happy with this book, not thrilled or in love, but happy. It was sweet and an averagae book on middle school crushes, beauty, and family. I wish I had a friend like Lucy! I would recommend this book to younger teen girls because they will certainly be able to relate to Lucy and Sunny!

-Reviewed by Kristine K., grade 9.

No comments: