Friday, March 18, 2011

Adam of the Road, by Elizabeth Janet Gray, illustrated by Robert Lawson

"A road is home to a minstrel," Adam's father says. But the rough roads of early England were also home to bands of thieves and robber knights. Before their journey has hardly begun, Adam's beloved dog, Nick, is stolen and his father disappears. Adam is 11 years old, but he is determined to travel alone, searching the fairs and market towns for his father and his dog. This is a fictional story.
Adam of the Road, by Elizabeth Janet Gray, is one of my favorite books of all time and I like how it describes each detail in the story. I recommend this book to my mother because she loves detailed books and I think she would really enjoy reading this one. I felt so good when I found this type of detailed book.
-Reviewed by Norvik.

No comments: