Thursday, March 2, 2023

November 9, by Colleen Hoover

November 9, by Colleen Hoover, follows a girl named Fallon, who meets a guy named Ben. At first, he seems like the perfect boy- he loves Fallon for who she is, and is the first person who doesn't pity her for the scars she has from a huge fire she survived. They go on adventures together, and grow closer and closer everyday. However, when secrets from both of their pasts resurface, Fallon has to make a very difficult decision.

In my opinion, the book was amazing! What I liked about it was the chemistry between the two main characters, Fallon and Ben, as well as the letters they write to each other- which is a huge part of the plot and ultimately the lead-up to the ending. However, although the ending was a definite tearjerker, it was extremely unrealistic. I think anybody in middle or high school would like this book; it does have some mature concepts, but it's not completely hard to understand at all. This book made me feel on the edge of my seat all the time because I was so anxious as to what would happen next, and it made me think about what I would do if I were in Fallon's situation (which, by the way, was the complete opposite of what she ended up doing).

Reviewed by Ani, Grade 9

Glendale Central Library 

No comments: