Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Guy In Real Life, by Steve Brezenoff

 

Guy In Real Life, by Steve Brezenoff,  is a book that may seem like your typical bad boy meets good girl love story. But when Lesh and Svetlana collide absolutely nothing typical entails. Svetlana is a crafty, calm girl who enjoys spending her time alone; Lesh on the other hand enjoys the buzz of a chaotic life. One thing they do have in common is they both find themselves feeling comforted by the fantasy realities they've created for themselves.

In my opinion this is one of the best contemporary romance books I have ever read. It was creative and put a spin on your typical boy meets girl story. I highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys reading romance and who are tired of the same old scene. I loved how the point of views were split between the two characters, it definitely made me realize that boys have the ability to think as deeply and purely as girls do. In the end this book was not what I expected it to be which automatically makes it an incredible read.

Reviewed by Anonymous, Grade 9

Casa Verdugo Library 

No comments: