Friday, November 18, 2022

Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 5, by Gege Akutami

 

In the manga Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 5, by Gege AkutamiFragments of the infamous and hated monster Ryomen Sukuna was lost and spread throughout the earth, where cursed spirits prey on unwary humanity. If any demon ingests Sukuna's bodily parts, the strength they acquire could end the world in a way it. The tenuous survival of the living is guarded fortunately by a hidden academy of jujutsu sorcerers who deal with the strange!

While Jujutsu High is engaged in a fierce fight among their rivals from Kyoto, nobody has time for a sweet reunion when they learn that Itadori is still alive. However, once the authorities resolve to permanently destroy the Sukuna danger, good sportsmanship doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I adore these people! The Panda was awesome! I loved getting to know him better and watching him humiliate Mechamaru while still bonding with him and providing support. It makes me think of Demon Slayer a little bit, that is always a nice thing! Speaking of fighting, the action-packed, entertaining battle scenes were written well. It was fascinating to discover more about the students from Kyoto. Todo is a freak, but I enjoy watching him educate Yuji further about cursed power in that, "I want you to grow better and I want you to achieve and push me" way. I'm interested to see if a friendship develops out of this, but either way, it was fun.

Reviewed by Natali <3, Grade 11

Glendale Central Library 

No comments: