Friday, January 1, 2021

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

Jessie is a 16-year-old girl, who lost her mother and didn’t know how to challenge her loneliness. Her dad meets a new woman on the Internet, who then becomes his wife. Jessie is forced to move to LA with his dad where his rich wife lives. During her first days of junior year in a private school, Jessie doesn’t seem to be able to find her place among those rich kids. That’s when Somebody/Nobody (SN for short) enters, trying to help her settle and find friends. But he does this all through anonymous messaging. He tells her about all the drama of Wood Valley High School and doesn’t reveal himself. Jessie is really curious who SN is and tries to figure out herself, while learning all the previous drama of WVHS and becoming a part of it.

The book is thrilling and funny. It’s romantic and mysterious at the same time. I really couldn’t put the book down until I was done reading and found out SN’s identity. Jessie convinces herself that SN was Caleb, the guy whose existence I find unnecessary. She turns out wrong, though. I am not going to tell you SN’s real identity but it was the guy I was hoping to be while reading. The relief I felt is indescribable. I would recommend the book to those who like teen drama and romance.

Review by Anna Baghdasaryan, Grade 11

Glendale Central Library 


 

No comments: