Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Code Geass: Knight, by Various


Code Geass: Knight, by Various, is a collection of light-hearted stories based Code Geass. Fifteen authors all share their take on Lelouch's rebellion, often using gags to question elements in the original.

There is no indecation on the outside of the book showing that this is a spin-off, so the reader has no way of knowing to read the Code Geass first. Originally thinking that Knight was a story on its own, I was very frustrated when reading this. And as one may expect, I first thought that the book was just terribly written. But, I have since changed my opinion.

After some digging, I found out the real nature of Knight and I read Code Geass. Once I was clued-in on the backstory for Knight's mini-stories, I found that the book wasn't too bad. The jokes are funny enough, and it is very interesting seeing 15 different takes on Code Geass' art style. But, besides that, there isn't much for me to say about this book. 


If you are a big fan of the Code Geass series, you may want to read this for a few laughs about a notoriously dark series. But I wouldn't recommend this for the general public. It's only funny if you know the original, and the lack of a cover summary leads to frustrating confusion. 

Reviewed by Matty, Grade 12
Montrose Library

No comments: