Monday, April 4, 2016

Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth, by Mohandas Karamchand (Mahatma) Gandhi * NOT IN LIBRARY SYSTEM*

Reading this book was worth investing my time due to how smoothly Gandhi blends us into the exploration of his life. Gandhi’s point of view and his tone of writing to present to us how he felt was absolutely marvelous. The preeminent leader’s bold passionate of love and nonviolence really is spotted when one horrifying incident occurs in a village during a corrupt time. From among his search of truth what I found most fascinating is how he sets the audience free to agree or disagree with his actions and conclusions. All these factors lead up to this incredible book Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth which once again reminds us of how the legacy of the great revolutionary leader Gandhi portrayed a nonviolent and purified life to inspire the future.

Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth, by Mohandas Karamchand (Mahatma) Gandhiis truly an inspiration for all ages because of the depth thinking Gandhi shares among all the readers. As a child, we were expected to know about Gandhi, and when I did learn I thought I understood who he was. But after reading this book I came to understanding of how little I knew about him. My most enjoyed the parts was where he mentions how his life outside politics was like with the guiding of Bhagavad Gita. In all, it was splendid in depth view of his struggling life while desperately trying to lead his nation to break free from the English tyranny.

Reviewed by Anonymous, Grade 10
Glendale Central Library

No comments: