Monday, August 10, 2015

Gorgeous, by Rachel Vail

Gorgeous, by Rachel Vailwas about a girl named Allison Avery. She has a bit of an interesting side to her because she recently sold her cell phone to the devil in exchange for 7 people to think she was beautiful. Then, the deal became true the next day because this girl named Roxanne (Roxie) Green told Allison that they should ditch 2nd period to go into the city. When they arrived, Roxie told Allison that they should go to get Roxie her photo taken for Zip Magazine. But then Allison ended up going into the building and getting her picture taking too. Will she be the beat that she can be with the devil, Roxie, her friend Jade and Serena, her mom, and her dad on her side with everything that blocks her way?  

I personally really enjoyed this book. My favorite part was at the end. But I don't want to be a spoiler. I really think that when you finish reading the book, you might/will get the moral which is, '' You don't have to show people that you are pretty and special, be YOURSELF!!!" So if I were you, I would really read this book. I hope that my tips on this book really made you want to read it.

By the way, you will see something interesting about Tyler Moss in the story....

Reviewed by Nicole G., Grade 6
Montrose Library

No comments: