Monday, January 19, 2015

Tiger's Curse, by Colleen Houck


17 year old Kelsey Hayes finds herself drawn to a mysterious white tiger. Ren and his brother Kishan had been cursed to become a tiger over 300 years ago. Until Kelsey came along they weren't able to change back into human form. Kelsey finds herself in India with two princes trying to break an ancient curse that will give back the princes' humanity.

I really enjoyed the Tiger's Curse, by  Colleen Houck, novel because it included a little bit of every genre, romance, action, fantasy, and humor. I recommend this book for people of all ages. One of my favorite quotes was
“He then put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a downy rabbit caught in the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. He bent his head and began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.” I liked this quote because it was one of the scenes that got me squealing and cheering. The author did a really great job on organizing each character's traits and personalities. "Tiger's Curse" is one of those books that will keep you up all night reading, as it did to me.

Reviewed by Anet P., Grade 10
Glendale Central Library 

No comments: