Monday, October 6, 2014

Rodrick Rules, by Jeff Kinney

 Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney is the sequel in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. This story begins with Greg talking about his summer experiences. One day, Greg's mom and dad told him and Rodrick that they were going to leave for the night. Rodrick pretended to have a flu and invited all his friends over for a party. The next day, Greg helps Rodrick clean up the house before their parents come home. However, their parents find about the party and punishes both of them. During the talent show, Rodrick lost his opportunity to sign a record label when his mom talked over the taping over the band's performance. Greg makes it up to him by helping Rodrick with his science project.

In my opinion, I was very surprised by the story's plot. I didn't expect to see Rodrick and Greg work together. Based on the first book, I thought they would always argue or fight about something. Once again, I was humored by the book. I recommend this book to everyone. I think that the first book of this series had a better story than this one. It was sad to see that Rodrick's band didn't get to sign with any record label companies. Overall, this is a good story to read in your free time.

Reviewed by Bernard M., grade 9
Pacific Park Library

No comments: