Monday, June 30, 2014

Shadowland, by Alyson Noel

Ever and Damen are two teenagers who love each other. After many years of searching for his soul mate who keeps mysteriously coming and going out of his life, Damen is finally reunited with Ever. The only resolution he can think of to keep her with him forever, is turning her into an immortal. Just when they are starting to make up for the lost time, a curse has been set upon him and is forcing them to be separated. Ever is doing everything she can to seek the antidote that is hidden by the one who cursed Damen, Roman. Meanwhile, Ever is hired for a job by a 19 years-old boy named Jude who seems strangely familiar. Damen tells her why and gives her space to make a difficult decision that might mean losing him. 

Shadowland, by Alyson Noel is one of the best I have ever read. I like books that are in a series because they don't end and the story keeps going on and on. This book is basically based on true love. There are conflicts and big obstacles that have to be faced. There are a lot of mistakes done that have to be fixed. Responsibility is also a big challenge for all the characters. When I started to read this book, I didn't want to put it back down to take a break. I only took a pause when I started to have a headache. That's how good the book is. This book encourages me to keep reading and see what happens next till I get to the very last page and have to wait until I can get my hands on the next one... at the library! 

Reviewed by Lou, grade 8
Grandview Library

No comments: