Monday, April 28, 2014

The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger

In this novel, The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger,  Henry Detamble is introduced as a man with an extraordinary ability to time travel. His travels are spontaneous and most often cause him a lot of trouble. The story revolves around the romance between Henry and Clare, a girl Henry has known for very long and under strange pretense. The novel follows their troubles and their joys, imparting a powerful message at the end about the fleetingness of time.

I loved this book very, very much. It was rich with detail, and he way the chapters were laid out in such a disorderly fashion was confusing at first but I found it to be great choice by the author. I was intrigued and always left wanting more. I don't remember putting this book down. I would recommend this to teens and older audiences.

Reviewed by Anonymous, grade 11
Pacific Park Library

No comments: