Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins

http://catalog.gpl.internal/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=139156V08F8Y8.61545&profile=gcent&uri=link=3100007~!1131480~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=browse_search_page&menu=search&ri=1&source=~!horizon&term=Anna+and+the+French+kiss+%2F&index=PALLTI#focus
Anna Oliphant, a senior in high school, was a completely normal teenage girl until her suddenly decided to enroll her in the American School in Paris, an elite boarding school. Anna is reluctant to leave her best friends and her almost-boyfriend Toph behind, but she is shipped to France nonetheless. There she meets Etienne St. Clair, a beautiful, British boy who she quickly becomes close friends with. The only problem: he has a serious girlfriend.

Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins,  is one of the cutest, most heartwarming teen books I have read. The plot captured my attention from the beginning, and the idea of boarding school in Paris really intrigued me. The book was filled with humor and kept me laughing throughout. The characters are believable, fun, and easy to fall in love with. I sincerely enjoyed this novel from start to finish. I would recommend Anna and the French Kiss to teenage girls who enjoy cute, romantic novels and I would rate it a 10 out of 10. Anna and the French Kiss is an absolute must-read!

Reviewed by Rebecca S., grade 9
Glendale Central Library

2 comments:

Teen Speak said...

Anna and the French Kiss is by Stephanie Perkins.This book is a romance book.The main characters are Anna and St.Clair,but also known as Etienne.It all starts of a boarding school in France(also known as Paris)called S.O.A.P.Anna is sent to Paris for her senior year because her father wants to endure his richness.Her father is an author.Her family is divorce ,so she lives with Sean,her brother and her Mom.Anna lives in Atlanta and she is to be sent away from everything she has and she is really upset, but there is nothing she can do.On her first day she is crying,but then later on her neighbor Meredith welcomes her and becomes her friend.They become close friends as well as close to Meredith's friends.As she heads back she meets St.Clair,one of Meredith's friend.The story continues the next morning when Anna meets the whole group.Their journey continues through out the year and it will not be an easy one.We will witness sadness,pain ,rejection,love and friendship.Where will this story take us too.

I loved that we can relate to the book and that there is romance involved .Almost like a twist.I would recommend it to teens and adults,but also people who love a foreign romance..in Paris!!! I thought the book was well written and now I understand why it is so popular.I believe everyone will enjoy it.There are also 2 more books that are similar but different.I am going to have to read the rest to compare which book is the best.I read a little information on the books and I highly believe, everyone will enjoy this book.I was really exited about the book and especially that it was in Paris.It also has this mysterious feeling of what will come.There are also disappointments because of that twist involved.

Reviewed by Andrea, Grade 10
Glendale Central Library

Teen Speak said...

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins is a beautiful and touching teen romance about a girl who moved to a boarding school in Paris by force of her father. Not knowing French, Anna still makes friends and spends a good time in Paris. The story becomes more interesting and beautiful when Anna falls in love with one of the most attractive boys in her school. His name is St. Clair. Suddenly they start to attract each other and they become obsessed with each other. Everything was wonderful except one thing. The boy was dating another girl for almost 4 years.

This is one of the cutest and sweetest teen romances I have ever read. I really enjoyed reading this novel. It gave me many emotions and feelings. I loved every single character, fight, and moment. The main character made me feel like I was in her place.The way the author described the relationship between the girl and the boy was so adorable. The writing style was amazing and delightful. I was constantly smiling through every page. The French words made me feel like I was in Paris. Also the chemistry between the main characters was divine. The author did a nice job. I would definitely recommend this to everyone who loves slow burning romance books.
Love this book!

Reviewed by MK, Grade 10
Glendale Central Library