Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks

The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks, takes place a long time ago, when an ancient Evil had ruined the world and forced man to compete with the other races - Gnomes, Trolls, Dwarfs, and Elves. But the little Shea Ohmsford, a half-elfin boy living in Shady Vale, knew very little of this conflict. But one day came Allanon, the giant and powerful Druid, to tell the last true heir of Shannara that the supposedly dead warlock lord was plotting to destroy the world, and that the only thing that could destroy him was the legendary Sword of Shannara. The fate of the whole world hung on the shoulders of this heir, this heir, was Shea.

 I loved this book and every second of it kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting to know what would happen next. The book was so suspenseful, that I couldn't put the book down at the end of RFE, I had to finish that chapter. So I hope that each and every one of you that is reading this review will go to the library and check out a copy of this book to read and enjoy!

Reviewed by Kevin S., grade 9
Montrose Library

No comments: