Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nights in Rodanthe, by Nicholas Sparks


Nights in Rodanthe” by Nicholas Sparks is based on the sacrifices people have to make in life for love and the forgiveness that comes with it. This story is about a woman named Adrienne Willis who has to face life’s obstacles alone right after her husband abandons her for a younger woman. She flees to the small coastal town of Rodanthe to look after friend's inn for the weekend and to get away from her heartache. Problem is, a huge storm hits, and Adrienne finds herself spending the weekend at the inn with the only guest Paul Flanner, whom happens to have his own troubled past. Their wounded emotions bring them together, and they find themselves closer than they would have ever expected.

I thought this book was very heartwarming and memorable. I would say, it is a kind of a story that all woman wish to happen to them. I really enjoyed this book because I could understand the great passion there was between the two main characters. While reading, it really opened my eyes to realize that true love isn't just a dream, and that love can come at any age, even when you are old. Sparks' words and detailed description really brought the book alive, making it easy for me to get into the story-line, which made it hard for me to put the book down.

Reviewed by Anonymous, grade 12
Central Library





No comments: