Thursday, July 26, 2012

From Bad to Cursed, by Katie Alender

From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender is the fantastic second book in the Bad Girls Don't Die series. Alexis finally has things somewhat back to normal. After her little sister Kasey was possessed by a spirit, Alexis had done everything in her power to save her. In her new house with her adorable boyfriend and sister coming home from being institutionalized, things were getting how they used to be. That's why Alexis was thrilled when Kasey joined the Sunshine Club. But something was odd about that club. The girls seemed to turn gorgeous and popular overnight. To investigate, Alexis and her best friend Meghan join the club to see what's going on. When they find out that it's really a spirit, Aralt, helping them, they forget why they really joined the club. But why would Alexis ever want to get rid of Aralt? After all, he does so much for them and asks for so little in return...right?

I have to admit, I was hesitant when I first started the series because I wasn't too excited to read a scary story. But I am so glad I did! Katie Alender has created perfect characters that fit the storyline. I love how the plot changes halfway through the story. I would recommend this book to teen girls because they will be able to relate to Alexis's emotions and find the book interesting. You should definitely read this if you love the first!

Reviewed by Kristine K., grade 9


No comments: