Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Full Tilt, by Neal Shusterman

Full Tilt, by Neal Shusterman, is about a sixteen-year-old named Blake and his brother, Quinn, who are exact opposites. Blake is very responsible and calm; Quinn is fearless and thrill-seeking. Blake always has to keep an eye out for Quinn, but this time it went too far. Quinn decided he wanted to go into a bizarre phantom carnival that traps customers forever. The only way out is for Blake to survive seven deadly rides by dawn, each which represents a personal fear. These rides range from a merry-go-round that goes haywire when its animals turn real to a bumper car ride transforming into a demolition derby. Untimately Blake has to face up to a horrible secret in his past to save him and his brother if their soul aren't taken first.




I really enjoyed Full Tilt, by Neal Shusterman. The storyline was exciting and thrilling, it really made me feel as if I were a part of the action. This book is one of those books that you just can't put down. Perfect as a quick read that will get you to enjoy reading again. I recommend this book to mostly boys, but this book is for anyone who enjoys exciting, thrilling stories. This book put me on the edge of my seat and wanting to read more from this author. I hope it will do the same to you.




-Reviewed by Logan, grade 9.

No comments: